Dr. Matthias L. Wolfgruber
Born January 24, 1954 in Anger, Germany
- Nationality: German
- Independant Consultant
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of LANXESS AG since May 15, 2018
- Member of the Supervisory Board of LANXESS AG since 2015 (appointed until 2024)
Dr. Wolfgruber has a doctorate in chemistry. He held a research scholarship at the University of California in Berkeley for one year.
Dr. Wolfgruber began his career in 1985 at Wacker-Chemie GmbH, holding several positions in Marketing, Manufacturing and Research & Development in Burghausen and Munich. Dr. Wolfgruber also spent many years at Wacker Silicones Corp. in the U.S., finally as President & CEO. In 2002, he joined the Management Board of ALTANA AG, Bad Homburg, while also chairing the Management Board of ALTANA Chemie AG in Wesel. From May 2007 to the end of December 2015, he was CEO of ALTANA AG in Wesel. In May 2020, Dr. Wolfgruber was appointed as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of ALTANA AG.
Main activities in addition to the Supervisory Board appointment:
Memberships in the following other statutory supervisory boards:
- ALTANA AG, Wesel (not listed on the stock exchange) (Chairman)
- Grillo Werke AG, Duisburg (not listed on the stock exchange)
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH, Cologne (LANXESS Group mandate) (Chairman)
Memberships in the following comparable domestic and foreign controlling bodies:
- ARDEX GmbH, Witten (not listed on the stock exchange) (Chairman of the Advisory Board)
- Cabot Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts, U.SS (listed on the stock exchange)
Dr. Wolfgruber has communicated that he will terminate two of the above offices outside the Group in the next 12 months at the latest.